Frequently Asked Questions
How do I perform nabi® software updates?
nabi® software updates are available over the air. When there is a new software update, a notification will be pushed wirelessly to your nabi, notifying you that there is a software update available.
To perform the update, watch this short video or follow the step-by-step directions below:
Turn on your nabi 2 tablet. Make sure your nabi 2 is plugged in and starts at a minimum 50% battery life.
- Ensure your nabi 2 is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Go to Mommy/Daddy Mode.
- Download the update :
- On the bottom right-hand corner of the tablet, you will see an arrow inside a circle. Tap Update to automatically start the update OR
- You can manually start the update by going to Settings > About Tablet > Update > Check Update > Download.
- After the download, a message will appear asking you to confirm the update. Tap "OK."
- Your nabi 2 tablet will automatically reboot. This will take a few minutes to complete.
- The Android Robot will appear for a few minutes while your nabi 2 updates its software and firmware. Warning: do not interrupt this process by powering off.
- Once all updates are completed, you’ll be brought directly into nabi® Mode!
To check for available updates from Mommy/Daddy Mode, tap All Apps > Settings > About Tablet > Update > Check update.